This holiday season consider giving the gift of learning. Books For Africa is a non profit with a mission to end the book famine in Africa. They want to create a culture of literacy and provide the tools of empowerment to the next generation of parents, teachers, and leaders in Africa. Since 1988, Books For Africa has shipped more than 24 million books to 46 African countries. They are on once-empty library shelves, in classrooms in rural schools, and in the hands of children who have never before held a book. Each book will be read over and over again. The books go to those who need them most: children who are hungry to read, hungry to learn, hungry to explore the world in ways that only books make possible.
You can change the life of a child in Africa through the gift of books. Books For Africa appreciates all book donations in categories including General Leisure, Reading, Business & Economics, Computer Science, English Language Skills, Science & Engineering, Math, Communications, Science, Educational Theory, Health, Arts & Humanities, Political Science, Sports/Vocational/Hobbies and International law.
Books For Africa accepts:
- 20 years old or newer popular fiction and nonfiction reading books (soft and hard cover).
- 1991 or newer publish date primary, secondary, and college textbooks (soft and hard cover, social studies can include world history or geography, but nothing U.S. based).
- 1991 or newer reference books such as atlases, thesauruses, and dictionaries.
- 1991 or newer publish date medical, nursing, IT, and law books.
- School/office supplies—paper, pencils, pens, wall charts, maps, etc.
- Acceptable books are gently used and relevant to an African reader.
If you are interested in donating a book, please contact Gaurav Bhatia at email@example.com or call 404-661-0801.