Many visitors to Italy have enjoyed the wonders of Tuscany, but relatively few have discovered and experienced the unique charms of neighboring Le Marche.
Le Marche is the region in east-central Italy nestled between Tuscany, Emilia-Romagna, and Umbria. Our destination is the bustling village of Mercatello sul Metauro, located at the foot of the Tuscan-Umbrian- Apennine mountains, only a couple of hours east of Florence.
Luisa Donati invites you to share a week with her at Palazzo Donati, her family’s home, which dates to the 1700s. Situated on the main square of Mercatello sul Metauro, Palazzo Donati is a private home upgraded with modern amenities.
Luisa opens the doors to her family’s Palazzo and invites you to enter the peace and authenticity of a by-gone time. You’ll discover and experience a way of life which preserves the grace and culture of the Renaissance, in a small town largely undiscovered by tourists.
Here are some of Luisa’s favorite things that she will share with you. . .
- Tasting of Le Marche wines
- Renaissance ceramics in Urbania
- Lunch at Isabella’s organic farm, “La Pieve del Colle” with a view of the landscape depicted in Piero della Francesca’s painting “I Trionfi”
- Cooking class using local wild herbs and flowers
- Hands-on class in the traditional art of fabric painting
- Clara, Princess of Carpegna, hosts a private tour of her palace
- Feast prepared by members of the Accademia del Padlot, a fraternity of nine men dedicated to food preparation, wine tasting, and good times
- Tour of the stunning underground caves at Grotte di Frasassi
- Shopping for foodstuffs at the market followed by cooking class taught by a local mama
- Visit to the paper-making museum in Fabriano and a workshop on the ancient craft of making paper
- Plenty of free time to shop, meander, and day-dream
To book, contact Luisa Donati: firstname.lastname@example.org; Skype: luisadonats; Mobile +393394016247 to inquire about this tour.